In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 Virus, reduce the risk of infection to staff and students of Walailak University, and to set the relevant guidelines for screening and monitoring measures against the COVID-19 outbreak, Walailak University, in accordance with the Section 24 of Walailak University Act B.E. 2535, hereby announces the preventive measures as follows:
- The deans, directors or section heads must report to the supervisory vice-presidents in case that their staff members and students traveled outside the Kingdom of Thailand since 1 February 2020.
- All cases of travelling overseas are not allowed and it is effective from this day of the announcement. Any future changes shall be made by the University.
Except for indispensable or unavoidable incidents, the travelling permission must be approved by President of Walailak University
- All staff members or students who have been approved to travel overseas before 1 February 2020, are obligated to immediately comply with the following measures after their return to Thailand:
- Report to section heads or supervisory vice-presidents at their earliest convenience
- Undergo self-quarantine at home for 14 days from the return date to Thailand. The duration of home quarantine shall not be considered as absence from work or class and not counted as leave days. The persons doing self-quarantine at home must comply with the up-to-date- announcements on COVID-19 screening and monitoring measures made by The Ministry of Public Health at www.dmsci.moph.go.th
- After 14 days of home quarantine, the staffs or students must report to their supervisors and proceed the following actions:
- In case of negative infection of COVID-19, the said staff and students can return to class or work and are advised to wear medical face masks.
- In case of COVID-19 suspected symptoms such as have a fever, cough, sneezes, a runny nose, sore throat, or have any breathing difficulties, the staff and students are advised to wear masks, see the doctor, notify their travel history or contact Department of Disease Control at hotline 1422 and notify absence from class or work for undergoing treatment.
- In case that the staff members or students who have been approved to travel overseas before the issuance of this announcement, the said staff and students are entitled to receive reimbursement for the actual amount paid or in accordance with University disbursement criteria.
- It is advised to refrain or postpone inviting foreign visitors to attend any academic activities at Walailak University. Any approved expenses actually incurred prior to this announcement shall be reimbursed.
- Please be informed that all Walailak University staff members and students take into account the social responsibility for public health safety and shall strictly comply with this announcement.